Monday, November 6, 2017

Snow, Cat and πŸ‡¨πŸ‡± Chile πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±

 Sunday we had our first snow of the year. Because of daylight savings we had a little more time before Church started and the girls were out to make use of the snow. They made those entirely on their own while Ryan and I got ready for church.

 
We had a nice visit from Auntie Alissa. Look at Jacob’s adorable red bow tie.

I love living where we do... I often feel like pinching myself to see these wonderful views. One of the things we’ve inherited since moving here is a cat. I’ve not been a fan of cats ever since before my sisters Hodgkin Lymphoma diagnosis cat scratch disease was put on the table as a reason for her swollen lymph nodes, but almost everyone out here has a barn cat at least to keep the mice in check. I’d been annoyed that it kept coming up to the house, but realized we’ve not done much to train it otherwise, so I spent some time today with Esther getting a wood box set up in the backyard as a shelter for it. I think she may be pregnant too, and I don’t want frozen dead kittens in my yard. The cat will be Esther’s responsibility. It is good for the girls to have animals to be responsible for.

We have been trying to travel the world culinarily with the girls, and being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints has been really helpful in that regard... since missionaries serve all over the world, some of the best "traveling" we’ve done is by inviting someone over who served in that country. They bring enthusiasm and love for the area, people and language and give us a real flavor for that country. Tonight we went to Chile with a recently returned sister in our ward named Taya. She was so nice to help me pick an authentic menu and show us pictures and speak Spanish for us. This coming Sunday we will go to Norway with another couple in our ward, and Trinidad, the Dominican Republic, and Armenia are coming up in the following weeks just from this ward. Our last ward provided us with Holland, Hawaii, Ukraine, Russia, and Malaysia. This is one aspect of homeschooling that I really love. I like being able to make the world their classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment